Monday, March 05, 2007

My Adorable Girlfriend

I started the Girlfriend Swing Coat a while ago for my daughter and I just picked it back up and finished it last night. I caught her in a modeling mood, so without further ado, my Girlfriend! (Just ignore the mess in the background. Rowan likes to tear all the movies off the shelves in search for elmopalooza).

I did it in the Blue Sky cotton that the pattern calls for. Over a year ago, I bought it on sale thinking that I would for some reason make something for me out of it. Well, since it isn't brown or green or red or earthy at all, and since the yarn is a bit thick for a worsted, it really wasn't going to work for me. The pattern is from Knit and Tonic. I made the size 6 so that she would be able to wear it at least through the coming spring and into next fall at least. I think it turned out really cute I must say!

Now if only I could escape from sleeve island.... I am still working on the sleeves for my husband's xmas sweater! There is just something about knitting 20 inch sleeves on size 6 needles that makes me avoid them at all costs. And of course, the next sweater he wants is a traditional gansey...small needles and all. HA! (I laugh to keep from weeping). I'm hoping to have it finished for our 25th anniversary. That gives me about 20 years to finish it....

Other than that, I have the tank for the yarn store to start, the sleeves for my Belle Epoque and this weekend I will be dyeing the laceweight with my sister for the Heere be Dragone shawl. We have made a pact to knit it together so that we can have them finished for the Renaissance Faire this summer. I am really hoping we will hold to our pact. This will be our first REAL lace project with laceweight yarn and all, but how could we pass it up?! The fantasy element in our family runs deep, deep enough for us to go a little bit insane over the prospect of a dragon shawl. I can't wait to start!

Let the insanity begin....

(Correction...let the insanity continue...there is no way I can pretend that I was sane to begin with...)

4 comments:

Batty said...

Beautiful! I love the color (almost all my yarn is purple) and the cute little flower button too. Looks like I'm not the only one who loves it either -- your daughter is having a blast posing in her new coat.

Meghann said...

Beautiful! I've been eyeing that pattern to make for my daughter. I love the color!

Unknown said...

What a cutie! Your daughter models it so well, I can just picture my niece in one too!

Becki said...

I can't wait to smother that attention sponge with kisses! It turned out really cute, and she's such a ham, it makes it even cuter. Haha. We'll have fun dying that yarn this weekend- I'm so excited!