Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Finally....The Pattern!


Ok so I know I said it would only be a couple of days before I put the pattern up, but I just got busy and life interfered, so FINALLY I am posting the pattern!

Some notes on the pattern: These were of course made for my measurements and are quite snug, so if you like them to be a little looser or need to make them wider around, I would suggest just going up a needle size.

Gauge: 8 sts and 11 rows to the inch on size 0 needles (I think but since they happen to be MIA at the moment due to one of my monsters, I can't double check)

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Watercolor- 2 skeins

Measurements: Just below elbow-10 inches; wrist-61/2 inches (these are my measurements used, not the actual finished measurements of the armwarmers as I made them with a bit of negative ease). Length from elbow to beginning of thumb gusset: 9 inches

Pattern:

CO 70 stitches, divide evenly over 3 needles and join

K1, P1, to end of round

Continue in K1, P1 rib for 12 more rows (about 1 inch)

switch to St st and work 22 rounds even (2 inches)

Begin decreases:

k1, k2tog, knit to last 3 stitches, SSK, K1

Knit 5 rounds even

Work the previous 6 rounds until 48 stitches remain.

Knit 22 rounds even (2 inches)

Begin Thumb Gusset:

k1, pm, m1, k1, m1, pm, k to end of round

k one round even

Repeat last 2 rounds, increasing after 1st marker and before last marker, until you have 19 stitches between the markers

knit 4 rounds even

next round: k1, remove marker, place 19 stitches from gusset on scrap yarn , remove marker, CO1 stitch and continue working in the round (48 stitches remain).

K 16 rounds (about 1 1/2 inches)

Switch to K1 P1 rib for 6 rounds and BO in rib.

Thumb:

place 19 stitches back on the needles, dividing over 3 needles. PU and Knit 3 stitches in the gap.

K 1 round even

next round: K18, k2tog, k1 SSk (1 stitch will be from the beginning of the next round) 20 stitches remain

K 2 rounds, work k1, P1 rib for 6 more rounds

BO in rib.

Weave in ends.

Make the 2nd warmer the same as the first, no need to reverse shapings.

Abbreviations in case you need em:

K- knit

P- purl

CO- cast on

k2tog- Knit 2 stitches together

SSK- Slip slip knit

PM- place marker

St St- stockinette stitch

BO- Bind off

I think that's it! if you have any questions or notice any errors in my pattern, please leave me a comment. Also, if anyone does end up making them, I would love to see em!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay... THANK YOU for posting the pattern! I even know the yarn I want to use for making them, I just have to wait for a credit card payment to go through so I can order it. I'm really excited!

Becki said...

Ah, sweet! Thanks bunches, I'm glad I could get the pattern from you one way or another! I'll have to show them off to my group, see if anyone else wants to knit them up.

Unknown said...

thanks again for posting the pattern. if you check out my blog, i posted a picture today of my progress on the armwarmers, although i've done several more inches since then, already! i ordered custom-dyed yarn, and MAN are they turning out perfectly.