Wednesday, September 06, 2006

WIP Progress




I have been hard at work on a few projects, hence the lack of posting. I did warn you after all!

First, there is the LYS sweater. This sweater was made with 8, yes 8 different colors of Trekking XXL. I will be so happy to finish up the seeming on this, but it will have to wait until after the kids are in bed tonight. My 15-month-old likes to grab at my sweaters as I seem them (which I do sitting on my couch with the coffee table pulled up to it...much more comfortable than the dining room table!).
Now I just have to decide what kind of yarn I should pick as my free stuff. Enough for a sweater? A varying blend of yarn? Some of those luxury skeins that I fondle and admire whistfully but can't afford to buy? Oh, the choices!

Next up is my SKB sweater. I LOVE the way this sweater is working up. I am doing mine in Silky Tweed color #17. I can't seem to get a good picture of the color, but it is a pretty green with yellow and orange slubs in it. The first picture is before I started the second sleeve and the next one is the beginning of the second sleeve. If all goes well, I should finish this up this week! I can't wait to wear it. I have one with me wearing it, but seeing as my 3 year old took the picture, it didn't turn out very well, so that will have to wait until I finish it.

Lastly, my mystery sock! I am doing some Elizabethan stockings. This picture is of the back where the moss stitch "seam runs. These are in Knit Picks Gloss. Love the yarn and the color (dusk). I am just about finished with the calf increases so I still have a LONG way to go on these.

Once I finish the other 2 sweaters, then I will spend more time on these as well as going back to my huge list of Yuletide knitting (A.K.A. Xmas knitting) and the Central Park Hoodie that was pushed aside.

One more pic before I go. My daughter started preschool yesterday and as the dorky mother that I am, I brought my camera with. For those who know my daughter, you know this is a standard goofy face of hers in pictures. Shedoesn't smile in pictures, she makes funny faces. I love it. She is also incredibly independent and was so excited to go to school to stay there "by herself" (i.e. without mom). She also picks out her own outfits and hates to have her hair brushed (it is still wet in the picture). As a feminist I am trying my damndest to raise a smart, independent, free thinking, strong daughter and I am (mostly) happy with my decision to do so!(anyone with a 3 year old knows what I mean by mostly!


Till next time....enjoy....

No comments: