Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Holiday Stash, Procrastination Knitting, and Kids and Countertops


What you see here is my holiday stash as of now. This is almost everything for my xmas knitting. The only yarn left to get is whatever I decide to knit for the rest of my nieces and nephews. What is all this yarn going to be? Well, this is enough yarn for 3 pairs of socks, 2 scarves, 1 lace shawl, 1 cabled stole, 1 pair of gloves, 1 pair of mittens, 2 adult sweaters, 1 pair of felted slippers, 1 guitar pillow and 1 baby coat. Hmmmmmm. Typing all of that made me realize how insane I am. There will be a lot of sleepless nights in the week leading up to Xmas! At least I have a few things finished.




This is one pair of socks, 1 finished sock for another pair, and 1 sock almost finished. Then there is 1 mitten and 2 viking hats that just need to be assembled.
The next picture is the back and the right front of the cardigan for my mother-in-law. Damn, do I have my work cut out for me!

Which then leads me to the knitting that I have been doing. You might assume that I am dilligently working on this HUGE list of gifts that have to be completed in a few measly months, but you would be wrong. Oh no. Instead, I have been hard at work on the Central Park Hoodie that I am making for myself. ( Yes, I know, I am a selfish knitter). I have the back and the 2 front pieces completed and am on to the 1st sleeve. I am using the Tahki Donnegal Tweed (Gasp! The recommended yarn! Can it be?!) in red-color 863.

I am absolutely loving it, which helps me to not feel so bad about the huge pile of gift knitting staring at me. In me defense, there is so much to choose from, I really just don't know what to start next. I think I will start the cabled scarf. I love doing cables, and a I can whip out a scarf pretty quick which should give me the motivation to whip out a few more projects after that. After I finish the hoodie anyway..... So I should resume gift knitting some time next week and that should keep me going for a couple weeks before I again get the urge to knit for myself!

So over the weekend we put in a new countertop and sink. My daughter of course had to help her daddy do it all. So she put on her work overalls and got to work. Here she is sweeping up the sawdust.

My son did his own helping out. He had to make sure the sink was big enough. I am assuming he was checking to make sure it would hold all of our dishes, but maybe he though it would make a good bathtub since he absolutely HATES bathtime in the big bath. Besides helping around the house, he also has a new found obsession with Elmo. He walks around with an Elmo doll, wants to watch countless hours of Elmopalooza and when not watching it, he wanders around says "Elmo Elmo Elmo" over and over again. (He is doing it right now in fact as I type). Sooo cute. Let me tell ya, sometimes beinga a mom is just so much fun. My kids may be nuts, but I can't imagine a better way to spend my day than hanging out with the little monsters!

Back to knitting.....the hoodie calls.....

1 comment:

Becki said...

You make me miss the little buggers more and more!