Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wow..Is it Really Finished?!

Well I just finished my Central Park Hoodie from knitscene magazine and I love this sweater. I can't believe how quickly I finished it! I was able to get a lot of the knitting completed on Sunday though. We took the kids to Woodstock to one of the apple orchards there for apple picking and it is about a 2 hour drive from our house so that was all knitting time for me! Unfortunately, even thoughI reminded myself many times to grab the camera, I forgot to bring it with to the orchard. Just take my word for it...the kids had a blast and it was so cute to see them both running around with apples. My son's new favorite word is now apple. Elmo has been pushed aside for apples. We now have about 25 pounds of apples in the kitchen that I have to figure out what to do with!
Anyway...back to the knitting news. I did the CPH in the recommemded donegal tweed color #863. I did it in the 40" size. Now I am not positive, but I am pretty sure that I only bought enough yarn for the 36" size (7 skeins) and had enough to do the bigger size even though the pattern calls for an extra skein for that size.
This first picture is of the back...

And then a close up of the pretty dragon buttons I found at my LYS today....
And a few bad shots of my modeling it. It is really hard to get a good picture of yourself through a mirror isn't it?



Anyway, I love this sweater and even though the weather today was not cool enough to wear this sweater, it will be soon...by the time I block it! This is definitely a sweater that will look better after blocking. Now I really am going back to holiday knitting, starting with the slippers I am going to make for my hubby for his birthday. I think I am going to make the felted ones from the tracy ullman pattern book knit 2 together, although I will have to tweak the pattern a bit. I just love my cph and I am happy that I took a little time to finish this up all for me before I go back to knitting for everyone else. Ok back to work!

2 comments:

SuzannaBanana said...

"Wow" is right! What a fantastic sweater. I love the buttons, and they look beautiful next to the red yarn. Great job!

turtlegirl76 said...

Beautiful! It looks awesome! I find I use less that a pattern calls for as well. Probably the way I weave in my ends, nothing goes to waste.