Monday, September 11, 2006

And so it begins


Isn't this adorable?

She loves to help me wind up my yarn. I think it's about time to teach her to knit!

In other news, I finished the sweater for my LYS. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture in my excitement to get it off to her. But it is finished!

With part of my credit, I got this yarn. It is the stuff my daughter is winding in the pic.


It is Berroco Ultra Alpaca. I have already cast on for the Sienna Cardigan in the Fall 06 issue of Interweave. It is for my mother-in-law for xmas. Back to the xmas knitting already! I have a huge list of knitting to do for xmas, it is ridiculous. I am hoping to finish up this cardigan and a few of the smaller projects this month. I have to go through all of the yarn, so next post I may have to flash my holiday stash!

And lastly, here it is. The SKB!


Excuse the bad pic. It was a cloudy day out so I couldn't get it in the right light. Also, in this pic, the purl ridges do seem to add a bit of bulk around the middle so I think if I were to make it again, i would eliminate them like others are doing. Otherwise, I really do love this sweater. It hasn't been blocked yet and even though it is lightweight, it kept me warm all evening yesterday outside (at a bbq for the Bears/Packers game). As I said before, I made it in Silky Tweed color # 17. I used sz 6 and sz 3 needles with perfect gauge. Now, I am in no way close to the small size (this is the medium), yet I could have made the small and it would have fit fine. I am hoping that blocking will lengthen it and pull it in some, otherwise I may toss it into the dryer for a few minutes and see if it will shrink up a bit. It is so comfortable though, and if it doesn't block out right, I will still wear it often, I will just have to adjust as the day goes on! Love it, love it love it.

2 comments:

Batty said...

It's a very nice-looking sweater. Definitely requires some kind of under garment, though. I'm thinking of modifying the neckline on mine.

Becki said...

I figured out how to do the progress bars! It's a little bit more complicated than that one woman made it seem, but I still get it now. I will have to show you how to do it when I see you next, because it'd be too difficult to dictate. It's kinda like trying to tell someone how to knit, vs. showing them. Heehee