Friday, August 25, 2006

Warning!

OK, I set up this blog and am just now posting to it. Not only am I bad at posting, but I am also bad at doing any of the upkeep to the blog itself. Links on the sidebar? give me a few months. Any of the fancy stuff all these people have on their blogs that I want? Who knows if I will ever get around to it. I realized that I am more ignorant to this computer stuff than I originally thought. With two of my own kids running around plus my niece most days and trying to get in as much knitting time as possible, the blog falls to the side. I would rather knit than read up on how to do all that cool stuff, ya know? That said, I will at least try to post fairly frequently and maybe, just maybe I can figure out how to put the buttons on the side from the KAL's I am in!
On to the knitting.
I am working on a few projects right now. I am going to start my socks for the Mystery Sock KAL. I am making some Elizabethan stockings and hoping that I don't waste a lot of time on a pair of stockings I won't like! But that's the point of the mystery sock huh?
I am also in the Simple Knitted Bodice KAL and am on to the sleeve. I have set that aside though for the big project I have to finish. The all imoportant knit-for-yarn sweater for my LYS. The sooner I get that done, the sooner I get to pick my yarn to add to my ever growing stash.
That said, I will try to be a good blogger and post some pics soon!

4 comments:

Fredi said...

Hi, you said you got your yarn at WEBS. Where is that?

Pixie Purl said...

yarn.com is the website. I don't know exactly where they are located, somewhere on the east coast. Hope that helps!

Penny said...

I saw your comment that you were using Silky Tweed for the SKB. Did you have to adjust sizes because of the smaller weight yarn? I have some on order, and now am worried that I might not have ordered enough.

Pixie Purl said...

Penny, I got gauge in the silky tweed on sz 6 needles so I went ahead and made the medium (which is the right size for me). For that size, it said I needed about 1200 yards. I am now almost finished with the neckline and will only use a very little bit of the 9th skein for about 3 rows of the neck. So if you are doing it in solid color and went with the recommended yardage, you should be fine. Also, the fit of it is perfect and I love it in the silky tweed :)