Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Bears & Socks

So last night was the Bears game. I invited a bunch of family over to watch the game and eat homeade stew and fresh baked bread and watch the bears game. Now those who know me know that while I will watch football and may even enjoy it, I am not a big football person. I more enjoy the comraderie of friends watching a game. BUT I was out of my seat at that last touchdown. Yes. me. I was up cheering for the bears...and wow what a game. That ending was something else. The funny thing was is that I was telling the hubby sometime in the 3rd that if the bears were to pull it out and win, I may just have to convert. I'd say the out of the seat response was a converts response wouldn't you? So let's just hope they keep it up!
In knitting news, I finished my Baudelaire socks and I love em! They are sooo soft. I did them in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock, but I am not sure which colorway.
This pic makes them look darker than they are, but still very pretty! I set aside the CPH for my LYS. I needed a break from that pattern, so I made these socks and almost finished the purse from the Rowan 40 magazine.

All that is left is the sewing and the felting. Let's see how long it takes me to finish that part....

I also finished the back and the two front pieces for the CPH for my mother-in-law. I love how it is knitting up in the berrocco Ultra Alpaca. It is so different from the donegal tweed and I can't wait to see how it finishes.


I also bought this yarn.

This is Lorna's Laces in color Gold Hill. It is gorgeous. Which is why I couldn't help but cast on for a pair of socks. When this yarn arrived, I realized I needed to find the perfect pattern for it. The socks needed to be tall and needed to be leafy, or close to it anyway. I went on a search for the perfect pattern for some fall socks. I found it in the winter 04 Interweave Magazine. Blogger won't let me put the pic up so you will just have to wait to see my finished version!

Well the babes are up from their nap and Morrigan is home from school so it is time to go back to my duties.....and knitting....

2 comments:

Batty said...

Your work is beautiful! I love your sweaters and socks, and that's very pretty yarn. I love Lorna's Laces.

Becki said...

I love those two! *mwah!* Darlings... Anywho, I wish I had as much time to sit and knit as you seem to. You were right- 18 (or 19) going on 80. I just wanna knit! I love Lorna's Laces- why is it so darn expensive?! I can't afford it!