Monday, November 06, 2006

Halloween and Progress in Knitting

I just have to post some pics of the kids from Halloween. My daughter was an autumn fairy and so my son's costume was made around that. I just called him a woodland elf. Halloween was a blast, although the day was VERY long and the kids were wiped out by the end of trick-or-treating.
As far as knitting goes, I have finished the CPH for my LYS and picked up some Malabrigo in return to make the Cardigan for Arwen sweater from the new Interweave. Yeah!

One more of these to finish and then I can burn the pattern! I am almost finished with the one for my mother-in-law. I have to finish the other sleeve, do the hood and edging and sewing. I am hoping to finish it up this week. Her bday is right after thanksgiving so I am going to give it to her then instead of for xmas.

I also started the sweater for my hubby. I am making him Serge from the Rowan 40 magazine. That is going to take me a while though cuz I can only work on it during the day while he is at work and most of my knitting time is in the evening after the kids are in bed. I should be able to finish it in time for xmas though.

I also had quite a mishap with felting recently. I felted 3 items. A Purse, a pair of slippers and a princess hat. The purse turned out to small (it looks like a clutch when it should have been a nice sized bag), the slippers are too big (hopefully another cycle will shrink them down more) and the hat was Just Right! (the goldilocks reference was intentional!)


Here is my daughter sporting her new hat, which despite the pouty face, she loves. The pouty face was actually just a pose for the camera. She kept peeking over to make sure I was going to take the picture. It is super cute. The pattern was from the New Knits on the Block book by Vickie Howell, but it's also on theDIY website for free since it was featured on Knitty Gritty.

That is basically what I have been up to in knitting news. I am absolutely loving and hating the new Interweave Knits mag. Loving it for all the beautiful patterns that I want to knit and hating it for the same reason. The free pattern on their website of the old world booties are awesome too and every kid I know will be getting a pair of those...especially since most of the people I know go to the Renaissance Faire and if I add a sole and alter the pattern for older kids,t hey would be great for walking around in all day.

That's it for today, I'll try to post some progress picks some time this week as long as Blogger cooperates!

2 comments:

Poops said...

What a pretty pouty princess! I love it!

And I'm right on the same page with you about the Blogger pics! Took me three whole days to get mine to load. I wish you better blogluck...

Becki said...

*waiting with bated breath for the next post*

Actually, I'm just bored with college stuff right now. Write soon! It's almost December!